Monday, May 26, 2008

Week 171

0.8lb loss!

I'm pleased, and relieved. There's no doubt I've had a couple of extra cookies this week, however, I have been incredibly restrained, given the temptations under my nose.

Saturday was the Food Town Day with various stalls flogging their wares on a closed off high street and I did succumb to the Hog Roast roll with all the trimmings, as I do every year. However, my son put up a stall to sell cakes, cookies and scones he'd baked.

And he has his mother's touch when it comes to baking.

They looked good, smelled fantastic and just made the mouth water.

Baking smells have been wafting through the house for days and plates and bowls of cake mix, cookie dough mix, chocolate icing, melted chocolate etc have been strewn around the kitchen just waiting for a finger to be dipped.

Fortunately he sold out by lunchtime. I know I wouldn't have been able to resist eating any leftovers.

Still, my restraint appears to have paid off with nearly a 1lb loss since last week.

However, there will be cake tonight as we celebrate the end of the Spring Fling Weekend where Maggie has been displaying her artwork in the Open Studio event.


Starting Weight: 19st 9lb - 275lbs
Current Weight: 12st 12.2lb - 180.2lbs
Body fat: 25%
Total Weight Loss: 94.8lbs

4 comments:

fatmammycat said...

I feel the same way about cheese. Well done.

Half Man said...

Your determination is impressive.

Sayre said...

Good job, Kim (and lucky in the sell-out!) Hope Rogan made some money this weekend.

Kim Ayres said...

FMC - aaarrggllle - cheeeeese - slobber

Half Man - there's no doubt it gets easier over time. If I hadn't already had a near perfect 3 weeks under my belt it would have been considerably harder to resist

Sayre - he did :)