Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Week 79

1lb gain.

Bollocks!

I thought I'd done well this week. I've only strayed off course with a scone, a bowl of ice-cream and extra garlic bread. That's it. Normally that would be easily absorbed. At worst I would stay even. So to have put on a pound feels deeply unfair - as if there is actually fairness in the universe - why do I cling to the hope, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

OK, let's get a grip. If it's not really the food then it has to be the activity, or lack thereof.

Ah well, that seems more likely.

Truth is, with this B12 problem and feeling a general sense of tiredness most of the time, my activity levels have dropped off considerably. There are days when I don't leave the house, and when I do I'm not walking about that much.

Still, weight gain for 2 weeks in a row is not good, even if I have an excuse. I'm going to have to be a bit more vigilant I think.


Starting Weight: 19st 9lb – 275lbs
Current Weight: 13st 6lb – 188lbs
KoTRB Weight Lost : 22lb
Total Weight Loss: 87lbs

5 comments:

fatmammycat said...

It is hard when we're feeling a little under the weather to motivate ourselves for exercise, it really is. But don't be too hard on yourself, you're exactly right, take it as a sign and get back to doing some gentle exercise and next week you'll probably feel happier about the scales.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry to to see the weight gain. If you only gained one pound then a little extra activity will make all the difference.

Kim Ayres said...

Well the kids go back to school today so I'll be back to the school walk in the afternoons to pick my daughter up.

Not enough on its own, I know, but it's a start

Andraste said...

Fear not! it's just a plateau!

Take some B12 or some multivitamins. With the walking to school and back, you'll be back in the saddle in no time.

By the way, you're looking pretty skinny in your new photo. Have hope!

Kim Ayres said...

Thanks for the postive thoughts, Andraste. I'm actually no lighter thn the last photo of me cringing in the cold sea. Still 25 to 35 pounds overweight.

Good lighting