Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 271

0.8lb loss!

Because of the way this eating style works, I cannot have anything with sugar in it as the yeast in the gut, having been deprived of it for several weeks now, would go mad and explode in growth if I do before it's all died back.

So I can't even lick the jam spoon, pick the cheese off the pizza tray or any one of a hundred other little nibbly things you do without realising.

But while it is, without doubt, frustrating at times, it does mean the weight is continuing to drop


Starting Weight: 19st 9lb - 275lbs
Current Weight: 12st 8.4lb - 176.4lbs
Body fat: 24%
Total Weight Loss: 98.6lbs

4 comments:

fatmammycat said...

Dear marmalade, that must be so tough.
I'm not really supposed to eat bread. I did not have a consultation with anyone to tell me this, but it is as clear as the nose on my face that white bread does not suit me at all. In lieu of this awareness, I avoid it 'mostly'. But damn if monday night was not a whitebreadfest of epic production. :( Er, my somewhat rambly point was, well done you.

Kim Ayres said...

It's a tough one this, FMC. I mean, when it's just about general health and weight loss, then if, for example, it's someone's birthday, then I can have a slice of cake and know that even if I lose nothing this week, so long as I stay on track I'll probably lose next week.

However, with this one, if I was to have the slice of cake then I'd be straight back to square one and the sacrifices of the past several weeks would have been for nothing.

So the longer it goes on, the more I just dare not give in to temptation

fatmammycat said...

It's a bit like smoking then. I don't smoke any longer, nor crave it, but I always feel if I had one I'd be sending myself back to square one in the process of ridding myself of the evil weed. So I would rather do without entirely than even tempt it once.

Kim Ayres said...

I'm the same with smoking. It's nearly 20 years since I gave up, but I know if I gave myself the excuse to have one, I'd need less of an excuse the next time and before long I'd be back on it again.

Rather like alcoholics who no longer drink, but say they'll always be alcoholics, I know I'm still a smoker who just hasn't had a cigarette in 20 years