Monday, July 02, 2007

Week 124

1.6lb loss!

Just when I thought I'd levelled out, I drop to create a new lowest recorded weight for 20 years - 173.2lbs (12st 5.2lb, 78.56kg).

Lord Chubalot of the Knights of the Round Bottoms has been asking for a while about whether I'm ready to stop being Sir Man Boobs and take on the mantle, Lord Man Boobs.

Although I have lost over 100lbs, a British hundredweight is in fact 112lbs and there is no doubt that I am still overweight by, well probably at least 12lbs, so I've been reluctant so far to upgrade my title as it implies that somehow my task has finished.

And yet, in a way it has.

When my wife and I decided to change our eating habits, we knew it was a lifelong decision. The aim was to have healthier bodies that would last for longer in a better condition. The weight loss was always a SIDE EFFECT of eating healthily.

As such, I'm just doing what I have been doing for the past 29 months and will continue to do for the next 40 years, namely, be aware of what I eat and chose the healthy options over the processed foods.

My task then, has not been to achieve a specific weight loss target, but to fight my own impulses to gorge, binge and stuff my face with foods that are not good for me.

The side effect of me facing, battling and finding ways to conquer my demons has been the loss of over 100lbs in weight.

Originally, I thought that if I dropped to 15 stone (210lbs) I'd be more than happy. I was overjoyed to get down to 13 and a half stone (189lbs), as this was a figure I remember from my early 20s. I was ecstatic to get below 13 stone and gobsmacked to lose 100lbs.

The Hundredweight of the title of this blog was only ever a fantasy and a wry joke. I never seriously expected to get close.

So yes, I have achieved, and yes I will accept the title Lord Man Boobs.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me over the many months.


Starting Weight: 19st 9lb - 275lbs
Current Weight: 12st 5.2lb - 173.2lbs
Body fat: 22.8%
Total Weight Loss: 101.8lbs

16 comments:

fatmammycat said...

Well done sir! That is pretty bloody impressive.

fatmammycat said...

No wait! Well done m'lud.*






* Doffs cap, backs out of room, shoots pheasant on the sly.

Sayre said...

Congratulations on the "elevation" to Sir Man Boobs! Should we curtsy before or after reading your posts?

Maybe this was just a long plateau and your body's made the adjustment and is ready to move on again. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

Oh and the perm picture? Probably coming today or tomorrow...

Half Man said...

I like your attitude. I have been telling myself that that my own lifestyle changes are not temporary, but permanent. You are doing great. I hope I can do as well as you.

Kim Ayres said...

FMC - does this entitle me to droit de seigneur, I wonder?

Sayre - you can curtsy a little when you arrive, and a big one just before you leave.

Half Man - it has to be permanent. If you were an alcoholic dealing with your addiction, you would know that the changes to your lifestyle would have to be for life. This is no different in that respect. If we return to our old habits, the weight will go back on, but at a faster rate this time.

Lift Heavy Rock said...

Congrats on reaching that great level. I just hit my lowest weight in 10 years, so I think i know how you feel.

Kim Ayres said...

Thanks for visiting Losing a Hundredweight and for taking the time to comment. Thanks too fro adding me to your blogroll - I've added you to my sidebar too.

Mr F. said...

Lord Man Boobs, congrats! Thank you for being an inspiration to all. Keeping it off is the hard part, but you have the right mind set.

The Fats

Kim Ayres said...

Thank you Mr & Mrs Fat

ArleneWKW said...

Well Sir Man Boobs, yours in a winning attitude. I hope to emulate it in the months/years ahead. Congratulations

Little sausage said...

That is fantastic! I really, really admire your determination. Mr Clinton.

Kim Ayres said...

Arlene - thank you for all your words of encouragement and support

Little Sausage - thank you Abe :)

Apex Zombie said...

Lord Man Boobs! Congratulations on the promotion. Nicely done :)

You still continue to be an inspiration to me, man.

peace

Kim Ayres said...

Thanks FLG :)

Josh said...

You sound EXACTLY like me. I've always tried to explain to people the "side effect" being weight loss. If you focus on it, you're not seeing the other hundreds of things you should enjoy. You wear your life as your body. How healthy is your life?

The other thing that hit home was the way you were talking, "If I could only lose..." I used to think I might get to 200, but 210 would probably make me tickled pink. Now, after visiting 195 for a while, and bulking back to 215, I'm thinking "How did I get so FAT?" hehe!! Einstein would tell me everything is relative.

I just say, "Perception is reality."

Kim Ayres said...

Hi Josh - I see the weight now as a warning sign rather than anything else. If it starts creeping back up I need to focus a bit more attention to why