Monday, December 27, 2010

Week 306

2.4lb gain

Could have been worse.

The fightback begins today, but experience has shown that after a couple of days of over indulgence, it's like back to square one with resisting the cravings. The yearning ache for sweet fatty foods goes through the roof and it can take up to 3 weeks of being strictly on track before they calm down again.

Trying to combat the cravings while there are still sweet fatty foods in the house makes the problem 10 times worse.

At least what I do have on my side after nearly 6 years of doing this, is experience and recognition of all the symptoms. Even when I'm losing the battle, at least I know why and can still slip in a few damage-limitation measures.

I know, for example, that deciding to give up until the holiday season is over means I would have an extra 10lbs to lose come January.

I know that each sensible meal, or healthy snack I have is still worth it.

Accumulatively, if I come out of this weighing 180lbs instead of 190, then it is still a good thing and worth trying to achieve.

Starting Weight: 19st 9lb - 275lbs
Current Weight: 12st 2lb - 170lbs
Body fat: 21.7%
Total Weight Loss: 105lbs

2 comments:

Elena said...

I believe you are doing a great job on long term.

Kim Ayres said...

Thank you :)