Friday, August 21, 2020

Under 11 Stone???

Starting Weight: 19st 9lb - 275lbs 
Current Weight: 10st 13.6lb - 153.6lbs 
Total Weight Loss: 121.4lbs

I thought perhaps the last post on this blog might have been the last post I would have on here.

However, the weight has continued to fall during Lockdown and I have dropped another 4lbs over the past couple of months, taking me below the 11 stone mark.

The significance of this is I don't ever remember being this weight in adulthood.

As a child I don't recall ever standing on scales or knowing what my weight actually was. I wasn't at a level my parents ever worried about, and when I look back at photos from then I look perfectly fine. However, I know I felt I was larger than I was because my siblings both had a smaller bone structure than me so seemed elfin by comparison.

It was probably in my late teens that I first ever became aware of my actual weight. And while I don't have an exact memory, I have a sense of it being two to four pounds over eleven stone.

When I set up this blog, I called it losing a hundredweight (112lbs, or 8 stone) because I needed to lose at least that to approach a "normal" BNI. It seemed so ridiculous that the title was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. I didn't seriously ever expect to reach that level of weight loss.

10 years ago, when I almost got there, but then I went back up by a couple of stone, I assumed that was probably it. It was highly unlikely I'd get back to it.

The idea of going a bit further and actually reaching that "normal" weight was definitely out of the question, so when I reached that - see last blog entry - it felt quite bizarre.

I certainly didn't expect to lose another 4 pounds and actually go below 11 stone.

Truth be told, I didn't think my body shape would ever allow me to be this weight, even if I starved myself to death.

Now, I don't know where I will end up.

Have I hit as low as I will go?
Will I go even lower?
If so, how far down could that be?
At what point might my health actually be compromised if I do?

I do have to say that I believe I'm still eating healthily. I am not doing any strange diets, or starving myself, or purging.

I'm as surprised as anyone I've lost a stone in weight since Lockdown.

I wish I could feel a sense of achievement or pride about it, but it feels like it's happened on its own, not because I put any extra special effort in, beyond not giving into the cravings (yes, I know that's a biggie, but I was already doing that before Lockdown).


No comments: